12th Annual Vibha Chess Tournament
Results on US chess organization - http://www.uschess.org/msa/
Saturday, February 7th 2015
South Forsyth Middle School (2865 Old Atlanta Road, Cumming GA 30041)
Any player in grade 12 and below 4SS, G/30/d5
· $25 -- Early Registration ; Participant must pre-register and pay online by midnight Sunday, February 1, 2015
· $30 – Registration from Monday Feb 2nd - Thursday Feb 5th
· $35 -- Registration on Friday Feb 6th
· $40 -- Onsite Registration (may require players to have a 1st round bye)
Total of 6 Sections to choose from:
5 Scholastic Sections so players at all levels can compete
Open to any player in grade 12 and below
3 Rated Scholastic sections, USCF membership required:
1. Championship for players over 999
2. Reserve for 999 – 500
3. Novice for Under 500 and unrated,
Players may play up one section if within 100 points of the section so a player rated 400 can play up in the 999 - 500 and a player rated 899 can play up in the Championship.
2 Unrated Scholastic Sections where players rated below 500 may also play. No memberships required and no rating points received when playing in the Unrated Sections.
There will be an
1. unrated section for players in grades 3 and below,
2. unrated section for players in grades 4 to 12
1 Unrated Section for Adults (any player graduated from high school over 18)
3SS, G/30/d5 with a possible 4th round for playoffs
Byes for rated sections:
Round 1 Bye - Half point Bye - Need to inform at the time of registration.
Round 2 Bye - half point Bye - Need to inform ASAP but certainly before round #1.
Round 3 Bye - half point Bye - Need to inform ASAP but certainly before round #1,
Round 4 Bye - Zero point byes only (player loses a whole point). Need to inform ASAP but certainly before round #1.
Please do not leave the tournament without contacting our TD so no one is left sitting for 30 minutes waiting for an opponent. Rated players doing this will have rating or cash penalties.
Event day Timeline:
|8:00 AM||Our staff will show up to get everything set.|
|8:15 AM||Volunteers instruction given|
|8:30 - 9:30 am||Onsite Registration (May have to take the 1st round Bye)|
|9:30 AM||All the players ready to enter the playing area to go over tournament rules|
|10:00 - 11:00 am||Round 1|
|11:30 - 12:30 pm||Round 2|
|1:30 - 2:30 pm||Round 3|
|3:00 - 4:00 pm||Round 4|
|Approx 4:30 pm||Awards|
Trophies in all sections will go to the top 3 players. In case of ties for the top 3 places standard US Chess tie breaks will be used.
In addition, all players with a plus score (2.5) will receive a trophy.
Other Details: (important, please read)
* You must enter parent's name email and phone numbers and the player's name, school and grade and current USCF ID# to be paired for Rd. 1, unless playing in an unrated section.
* Any player not sending in USCF ID# will be placed in the unrated section.
* If information is not correct and complete our Tournament Staff will contact you.
* If corrections are not made in advance you may receive a zero for round #1.
* Food sale of pizza, snacks and drinks will be available.
Thank you for making a difference in the life of an underprivileged child, by being part of a charity tournament. The fees paid by you are a donation given to Vibha (www.Vibha.org )