Entry fee: $35
Participants: Open to children between ages 4 and 16.
There are limited slots available for each category of the competition, so send in your entries today! Registrations will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis, and will be accepted till midnight (12:00a.m.) May 6th or until slots for a given category fill up - whichever occurs earlier. By registering, a participant agrees to abide by the rules set forth by Vibha governing the competition.
- Small hand-held props that the participants can set up themselves are allowed. Parents are not allowed on the stage for setting up any props.
- You need to inform us what props you are using along with a photograph of it, 1 month prior to the event
- The dance routine should be one of the classical dance forms of India.
- The dance is a solo item and should be performed by only one individual.
- Each contestant can perform only one dance under this category.
- The routine should be at least 3 minutes and the maximum time limit will be 7 minutes.
- All the participants should satisfy the specified age criteria as of the competition date.
- Each category of the competition will be judged and prizes will be awarded separately.
- No special effects will be allowed such as smoke, disco balls etc.
- For safety reasons, no confetti, grains or small breakable objects will be allowed on stage that might need to be cleaned between performances.
- The songs for the dance routine should be made available to us in a CD atleast 2 days before the competition.
- For identification purpose, CD and track be clearly marked and labelled. Participants will be contacted with more details.
- Dance participants must bring a copy of the song on a clearly marked and labelled CD on the day of the competition.
- No cassette player will be available at the venue.
- Participants should be present backstage atleast 15 minutes prior to their assigned time. "No shows" will forfeit their chance to participate.
- Vibha reserves the right to reject applications that do not meet the selection criteria.
- The age categories are 4 to 5, 6 to 9, 10 to 13 and 14 to 16.